Edamame are popular as a snack with sake.
It goes especially well with beer! It is also popular overseas.
This time, we will introduce how to fully enjoy edamame. If you are looking for a delicious way to eat, please read on.
1) History of Edamame
The exact origin of edamame is unknown, but China is believed to be the birthplace.
A popular snack in East Asia, it seems to be gaining popularity in the West as well.
In the United States, edamame is often served as an appetizer or side dish in Japanese restaurants.
2) Edamame is actually soybeans
Edamame is a type of soybean that is harvested while still young and green.
In Japan, it is popular as a snack and is often eaten with alcoholic beverages such as beer.
In addition, edamame is rich in protein and dietary fiber.
3) How to eat Edamame
There are many ways to eat edamame.
The most common method is simply steaming the beans and eating them with salt.
It can also be boiled, sautéed, or added to soups and salads.
4) Drinks that go well with Edamame
Edamame go well with various drinks. Beer is common, but wine and sake are also recommended.
Green tea is also recommended if it is non-alcoholic.
5) Tips for eating Edamame
Here are some tips on how to enjoy Edamame.
– If you eat Edamame with salt, be sure to wash it with water before eating to remove excess salt.
– Edamame are best fresh. If you buy frozen edamame, check the freshness of the beans on the package.
– Edamame is a little tricky to eat. To eat edamame, hold the beans between your teeth, chew them, and split them in half. And eat it like sucking the beans out of the shell.
There are many ways to enjoy Edamame.
Whether as a quick snack or side dish, edamame is a delicious option. Next time you want to eat something, please try Edamame.